- Chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder to the pan and stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and stir well to coat them with the spice mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and salt to the pan, stir well, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the chicken curry over low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the lid and let the curry cook for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Garnish the chicken curry with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
Enjoy your spicy and aromatic chicken curry!